Alzheimer's and Dementia Leaders
Until there's a cure - we are here to help
Home Instead® provides more than 90 million hours of specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care each year. Our international franchises partner with organisations, dementias experts, and influencers to further clinical research, raise awareness and progress the standards of caregiver training.
World Alzheimer’s Month
This September marks the 10th anniversary of World Alzheimer’s Month, with this year’s campaign theme - #KnowAlzheimers #KnowDementia – focused on early diagnosis and making sure the world KNOWS about the disease. Home Instead is proud to partner with the American Dementia Association (ADA) and Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) and is the only home care provider to sit on the World Dementia Council (WDC).
2021 World Alzheimer's Report
This year’s World Alzheimer’s Month report is focused on diagnosis and encouraging people to recognise the potential warning signs of dementia. With a timely diagnosis, families are better educated and are able to seek out the support and care they need for their loved one.
The Facts on Dementia
- More than 50 million people world-wide are living with dementia
- Every 3 seconds someone develops dementia
- Dementia is predicted to triple, rising to 152 million by 2050
- Dementia costs $1trillion US dollars every year, and will double by 2030
- 62% of healthcare professionals wrongly think dementia is part of normal ageing
- 80% of the general public are concerned about developing dementia
- 1 in 4 people think that there is nothing we can do to prevent dementia
- Alzheimer's Disease is the most common type of dementia
Global Partnerships Drive Future of Ageing Care
The emphasis on talent, training and technology are truly the future of care
Specialized Alzheimer’s and Dementia Training
Our CAREGivers are trained with a person-centered care approach, which is backed be research and recognized by the Alzheimer's Association.
- Learning the persons's life history
- Positive reinforcement and encouragement
- Engagement in meaningful activities
- Establishing a stable routine
- Assistance in connecting socially with others